- If your answer is Yes, then you will easily relate to this post :)
- If its No, then I would have to say its definitely worth an experience - After all, life is not only about happiness :P
Since they are so rare, how do you know when you have found one such person?
Here are some of the symptoms that people from this species exhibit:
- They stopped reading about the latest in software development since 1981
- They think all open source frameworks are crappy
- They think the code written by them is the best possible in the world.
- But in reality their code is a lot crappier than anything that you have seen before.
- They would build everything from scratch. Its their habit to reinvent the wheel.
- For e.g. building a buggy ORM all by themselves (and of course being proud of it :P)
- They think all code they write is bug free. Since all their code is bug free, Unit Testing is such a big waste of time.
- They can "talk static methods, they can walk static methods and the can laugh static methods, because static methods are the way to go!"
- If you don't know the context around the dialog do see this clip
- If given an opportunity, they would like to build a new programming language which runs on an Operating System built all by themselves.
As a closing remark, here is an important disclaimer:
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are strictly personal and any resemblance to any real person is purely incidental and not intentional.